Friday 1 June 2007

Friday Photo

In the spirit of the honourable tradition of Friday Cat Blogging, I thought I'd share a photo I'm proud of with you each Friday. I'm almost as passionate about photography as I am learning, but I'll control myself and only post one pic a week.

This one was taken in the centre of Angkor Wat, in Siem Reap, Cambodia. A fantastic place, regarded as a masterpiece of Khmer architecture, it was built between 1113 and 1150. I'll not go into huge detail or I'd get carried away and have to start a travel blog (now there's an idea...)

Cambodia is primarily Buddhist and this lady had dressed one of the statues in Buddhist garb and was asking for change (for her, for the temple, no idea, don't speak Khmer). It made for a really atmospheric photo displaying the colours and religion of Cambodia.





I've entered it in the Digital Camera Magazine Photographer of the year 2007 competition, but I don't think the editors selecting the pics rate it...oh well, I do :-)

No comments: